Micheál McCraith Trá-Mhór
Tramore holds a proud and distinguished place in the annals of the G.A.A because on a wet and windy 6th October in 1885 Martin J. Murphy's racecourse (in the vicinity of the Back Strand) hosted one of the first ever championship athletic meetings held under the auspices of the G.A.A. The President of the Association (Maurice Davin) could not have selected a more ideal location for the purpose, as the ground was perfectly level, while a large Stand provided adequate shelter for the great concourse of spectators. Richard Power, M.P and Edmond Leamy acted as Stewards at the meeting while Maurice Davin acted as referee. Dan Fraher of Dungarvan was one of the famous people who competed at the sports and won the hop, step and jump, 31 feet 8 and a quarter inches.
This of course, was a standing hop-step and jump, 
A dinner was held afterwards in Quigley's Hotel (the present Hibernian Hotel), at which Maurice Davin was highly praised for his organizing of the event, not alone beforehand, but also on the field itself. That was indeed a glorious start for Tramore's connection with the G.A.A at the dawn of the great Association.
In the 1951 Tramore decided they would form a new club and for that very purpose a meeting was held in the assembly rooms(now the Bridge Club) on Tuesday 27th November 1951. A committee was elected. And so new Tramore GAA club was born which was named “Cuman Micheál MacCraith”
Snippet From the Past


Social Centre

In the 1970’s the club was among the first of the GAA clubs to build a social centre, which was a great success and served the community well, providing sport and social activities

Unfortunately in August of 1999 one of the biggest disasters to hit the club occurred when the centre was maliciously burned and destroyed. The roof of the recreation hall collapsed in the blaze. With the community behind us we got two magnificent bars re-opened, where we hold lively music nights at weekends. The Golden Jubilee Celebrations held recently were a great success with lots of entertainment.

The club however after a massive fundraising effort rebuilt the social centre which stands to this day and are now embarking on an Astroturf project to further enhance the facilities in the club .

Club Colours:

The old "Isles of the Sea" Club in Tramore sported a dark blue jersey with a light blue sash. In the 1940's blue and gold jerseys were used by the Club at that time. In 1951 the Officers and committee opted for blue and white as the colours of the new Club and after the passage of 50 years the same colours have been retained.

 

 

The Club Crest Which was adopted in 1981 incorporates the G.A.A. cross, the club colours and a famous Tramore landmark, "The Metal Man"
It was designed locally by (Mrs Brophy) and chosen from a number which were submitted to the club.